Job Code: EB-1
Under general supervision prepares data entry, scans and organizes accounting documents. Prepares reconciliations and related journal entries for various accounts on a monthly basis. Imports accounts payable transactions for all Institutions from third party accounts payable system. Processes certain invoices for payment and resolves any vendor inquiries. Processes and codes manual checks. Prepares invoices and follows up on collections. Manages Institution deposit activity. Processes Foundation Services purchasing card reports. Works closely with Institution business offices and other members of the Close community and operates in an efficient and customer focused manner.
Among the duties assigned to this position are the following:
- Prepares petty cash reimbursements and reconciliations, supports the Foundation Finance and Accounting department with data entry, scanning and filing of accounting documents.
- Prepares accounts payable uploads from the account payable third party system to the accounting system. Researches accounts payables transactions, responds to vendor inquiries about their payment status, and handles various invoice issues. Assists the Accounting Manager in reviewing the accounts payable aging schedule on a monthly basis to resolve any outstanding invoices or credits that appear in the aging. Reviews Foundation vendor statements on quarterly basis and resolves any outstanding invoices and vendor credits.
- Processes manual checks for the Foundation; Codes manual check entries in the general ledger for all Institutions.
- Coordinates the distribution of Anybill checks and Anybill related documents such as vendor statements and refund checks.
- Records and documents the Foundation’s PCard expense reports to comply with PECF’s business expense policy.
- Assists the Accounting Manager with the preparation of year-end 1099-Miscellaneous reporting for the Foundation and all Institutions.
- Prepares invoices for external customers and follows up on outstanding balances.
- Prepares various reconciliations, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, and balance sheet accounts.
- Supports the Foundation’s Treasury Operation services including receiving and sorting mails, scanning and organizing trust and bequest and certain gift documents in the shared drive and informing all related parties.
- Assists in preparation of audit schedules and provides auditors with supporting documents to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Works with the Accounting Manager in updating and maintaining PECF document retention policy.
- Other administration, special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field required.
- Two years relevant work experience. Not-for-profit accounting experience and experience with Great Plains accounting system preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of attention to detail; reliability, excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with Institution business office staff, colleagues, vendors and external institutions.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work.
- Knowledge of Great Plains accounting system and non-profit accounting.
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office Suite.
Working Conditions (Schedule, Physical Demands, Work Environment):
- The position requires prolonged sitting, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Requires computer work involving extensive use of keyboard, mouse and monitor. Occasionally requires lifting materials of approximately 20 lbs.