Job Code DZ-7
Job Summary: As a key member of the Human Resources team, the HR Manager assists with developing, implementing, and managing a broad range of Human Resource products and services to achieve departmental goals and objectives. Primary areas of focus are HRIS administration, employment activities, and special projects.
Among the duties assigned to this position are the following:
1. Work collaboratively with the HR Team and Business Office representatives to effectively integrate HR department functional areas, i.e., employment, benefits, compensation, HR information systems, and general personnel policy and records administration. Partner with management of other corporate divisions and Foundation institutions to integrate HR services.
2. Manage HRIS activities to ensure the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness, efficiency and security in personnel records management. Establish roles and workflows, views, rights, and system rules.
3. Continuously monitor and improve HRIS activities, processes and system configuration to ensure efficient operation and administration. Keep abreast of system changes, monitor product for system developments that could enhance productivity and reduce redundancies, make product recommendations.
4. Lead and coordinate Users Group: communication, training, system upgrades, forms, and payroll integration. Manage shared UG calendar and key due dates, develop tools and resources for UG, and communicate system issues and updates.
5. Manage employment services activities to ensure responsive, professional and “user friendly” service.
6. Work with Foundation hiring managers to determine staffing needs, develop recruiting plans, screening and selection processes and induction plans that are consistent with established policies, affirm PECF’s commitment to diversity, and result in hiring and retention of high caliber employees.
7. Manage new hire and current employee background review process. Ensure backgrounds are reviewed and approved according to PECF standards. Communicate with institutional business offices when needed.
8. Develop effective and efficient induction and separation processes. Provide guidance and support to decentralized institutional activities. Manages HR paper files and records according to department standards, including personnel records.
9. Monitor induction and separation processes. Make recommendations to update and incorporate technology to enhance efficiency.
10. Manage the employment verification process and DC Unemployment inquiries/investigations.
11. Assist with developing, maintaining, and implementing ancillary HR programs.
12. Assist with special projects and other assignments as requested by the Director.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or other relevant area; SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP (or HRCI equivalent) preferred.
2. Ten years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of DC and federal employment laws, EEO requirements, and current “best practices” in HR for non-profits.
2. Strong background in employment services. Experience in all aspects of recruiting for professional, technical and support positions; commitment to all dimensions of human diversity.
3. Familiarity with UltiPro or other integrated HRMS software. Willingness to invest time in being trained in order to provide hands-on support to facilitate HRIS success and depth in critical areas.
4. Excellent interpersonal communications skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of individuals of different cultural, educational and professional backgrounds. Ability to function effectively as a team member.
5. Customer-service orientation. Commitment to professional excellence. Ability to make business transactions “user friendly.”
6. Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and firm deadlines.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent writing skills. Ability to communicate clearly in writing or speaking, to groups or individuals.
8. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience with on-line recruiting resources preferred.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.