Job code: DY-10
Assists with the preventative maintenance tasks for all mechanical systems and equipment including boilers, pumps, fans, plumbing, compressors, heat exchangers, air conditioning equipment, etc.
Among the duties assigned to this position are the following:
- Works under the direction of an engineer or First Class Engineer to perform basic preventive maintenance tasks for all existing mechanical systems and equipment including but not limited to:
- Oil/gas fired boilers and their associated and auxiliary equipment
- Steam distribution systems, heat exchangers, condensate pumps, meters, condensate returns, etc.
- Sanitary systems, pumps, sumps, valves, etc.
- Water distribution systems, lines, valves, meters, etc.
- Heating systems, controls, pumps, radiators, fan-coil units, etc.
- Hot and cold internal and external water systems, valves, lines, pumps, heaters, sinks, fixtures, etc.
- Internal and external sanitary systems, fixtures, valves, pumps, heaters, sinks, fixtures, etc.
- Air conditioning and heating systems, compressors, condensers, evaporators, cooling towers, central self-contained and window units, etc.
- Miscellaneous equipment, Garth Fountain, lawn sprinkler systems, compressed air systems, etc.
- Cleans HVAC system coils and replaces filters.
- Cleans boilers, inside and outside.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CFC Certification and/or Third Class Engineers License a plus, but not required.
- Willingness to do extremely dirty types of routine tasks such as scrubbing tanks and cleaning A/C coils.
- Customer service focus; good interpersonal skills.
Working Conditions (Schedule, Physical Demands, Work Environment):
- Normally works 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30pm
- May be required to work overtime occasionally on Saturdays and Sundays for emergencies and to allow work to be accomplished at time of low or no occupancy of spaces.
- Will be required occasionally to do extremely dirty types of work such as boiler cleaning, tank cleaning, etc. Also some occasional hand digging with pick and shovel.
- Will be required to lift and carry heavy weights up/down narrow stairs, run pipe, set heavy fixtures and equipment, work in extremely cramped spaces, etc.
- This is an essential staff position and as such the individual is designated as vital to the facility operations, their presence is necessary regardless of the existence of an emergency condition and will be required to report to work during adverse conditions. In addition, staff designated as essential may be required to work from a remote location to ensure continuity of business operations or to meet established deadlines.