Job Code: DZ-6
Under general supervision performs maintenance and repairs involving the electrical systems in the various PECF facilities. Work involves assisting staff engineers in all aspects of their daily activities and independently locating and repairing minor electrical system malfunctions.
Among the duties assigned to this position are the following:
- Performs electrical repairs and maintenance such as replacing wiring devices, repairing and maintaining lighting equipment, switch equipment, fire alarm equipment, control panels, kitchen appliances, scoreboards, signs, etc.
- Installs conduit, wire, computer cable, and circuit breakers.
- Performs all electrical duties in compliance with local and federal health, safety and fire regulations.
- Safeguards PECF-owned tools, equipment, materials and supplies used in assigned activities.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions on dimmer systems.
- Utilizes various tools such as hand tools, electrical meters and instruments, welding machine, cutting torch, etc.; operates equipment such as a pneumatic lifts and service vehicles.
- Is familiar with and utilizes electrical diagrams, blueprints, troubleshooting charts and work orders in repairing, installing and maintaining electrical systems and apparatus.
- High school graduate or equivalent with vocational/technical school training in electrical construction or maintenance.
- Two to four years of experience as an electrician's helper; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used for repair, installation and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of the occupational and safety precautions of the trade and trade terminology.
- Knowledge of the proper and safe use of equipment and machinery necessary for assignment completion.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform manual work requiring some physical strength and agility.
- Ability to work from work orders, blueprints, electrical diagrams and plans and from direction of immediate supervisor.
- Ability to locate and repair electrical system malfunctions.
- Ability to repair, install, and/or maintain electrical devices, control panels, computer cable, conduit wire, appliances, and other electrical systems and devices incidental to the duties of the job.
- Ability to anticipate needed supplies, materials, tools and equipment needed for project completion.
- Ability to speak, understand, and read English fluently.
- Ability to work in small crawl spaces and manholes.
Working Conditions (Schedule, Physical Demands, Work Environment):
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, humidity, electrical hazards, wetness and heights.
- Moderate physical exertion is required to carry objects weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Job requires both operation of a vehicle and walking for completion of daily duties.
- This is an essential staff position and as such the individual is designated as vital to the facility operations, their presence is necessary regardless of the existence of an emergency condition and will be required to report to work during adverse conditions. In addition, staff designated as essential may be required to work from a remote location to ensure continuity of business operations or to meet established deadlines.